Web Page views not getting tracked in Marketo

Deeps
Level 4

Web Page views not getting tracked in Marketo

Hi Team,

Please help to answer my query:

The Web page visits is not getting tracked in Marketo, how do I trouble shoot this issue.

I am not experienced in reviewing code related issues, so it would be great if you explain in detail.

Thanks in advance,

Deepthi.

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Web Page views not getting tracked in Marketo

First of all if the webpage is not a Marketo LP, you need to have the Marketo instance's munchkin placed on it to track back web page visits in Marketo. Also, anonymous webpage visits will be logged in the Web Page Activity report - only cookied record's web page visits will be logged in the activity log of the respective person. Also, quick way to see if the visit web page activities are sent to Marketo or not is by looking at the payload and the response of the visitWebPage call in the network tab of the browser's console -

Response should be 200 OK and Payload should have the Munckin Id of your target Marketo instance.

Ref snapshot below:

Darshil_Shah1_1-1649158981633.png

Also, at times the visit webpage activity takes a while to appear in Marketo. If you can share the webpage URL, we can help you check if the webpage is sending the munchkin hits or not.