SOLVED

Way to identify leads not sent email since data value change

Go to solution
ailsadempsey
Level 3

Way to identify leads not sent email since data value change

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to easily identify leads who have not been sent an email since specific fields have had a data value change (via form submission). For example, leads who have provided us with their First Name. We don't want to trigger an email on the back of this data value change, but want to ensure this change is acknowledged in the next email we send. I had been hoping we could identify these people in a smart list but not sure what combination of filters could achieve this?

At the moment, the best way I can think to achieve this is to have a triggered smart campaign using the data value change to add them to a list, use this to identify them for the next send, then once they have received an email have another removing them from the list. Is there a way to achieve this without using multiple trigger campaigns? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Way to identify leads not sent email since data value change

I would venture that a static List is the last resort here.

Instead consider a Datetime field like Pending Change Acknowledgment as of.

Set that field (Change Data Value) to {{system.datetime}} when an interesting change happens. Unset it after each acknowledgment.

You could also use a Program Member Custom Field.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I would venture that a static List is the last resort here.

Instead consider a Datetime field like Pending Change Acknowledgment as of.

Set that field (Change Data Value) to {{system.datetime}} when an interesting change happens. Unset it after each acknowledgment.

You could also use a Program Member Custom Field.

ailsadempsey
Level 3

Thanks so much, that makes sense and I'll look into that!