Level 10

Re: Warning: Anonymous Leads and Lead Lifecycle Alerts

Hi Mike,

Thx, I feel this what I have capture in the table above

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Makes sense - thanks for confirming, Mike.  The filter is only added to a handful of lead lifecycle campaigns - where a lead can only run through the campaign ONCE anyway.  So if they qualify - and they're KNOWN - then they will successfully run through the campaign before and after v2.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Mike Reynolds ,

Thx, this is very helpful and also exactly the behavior I would have expected, BTW.

For me, when I add a "lead was created" filter, I do not expect the SC to trigger while the lead is anonymous (or, in V2, not yet promoted), but I do not expect this campaign to run in the replay phase either, since, as you stated, the "lead was created" event does not exist. It should indeed ignore all the potential triggering activities that occurred before it was created.

So, and please correct me if necessary:

V1V2
With "lead was created" filter
  • Does not run before lead creation as a known lead
  • Runs after the lead is created
  • Does not run before promotion
  • Does not Replay on promotion
  • Runs after promotion
Without "lead was created" filter
  • Runs before lead creation as a known lead, each time it applies
  • Runs after the lead is created
  • Does not run before promotion
  • Does replay on promotion
  • Runs after promotion

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_

Those are my expectations as well. For some reason, I was under the impression there would be issues in leaving the "lead is created" filter intact after v2 was deployed. So if we use it as Greg has stated, I'm hoping we're OK keeping the filter in place since we're not concerned with replay activity in our led lifecycle campaigns. Look forward to your reply, Mike.

Dan_Stevens_

Mike Reynolds​, thanks for providing more insight around the challenges of rolling out Munchkin v2.  Can you also let us know if what Grégoire Michel has outlined above is accurate?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "replay". Can you clarify what this means?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Christina,

The replay is a specific mechanism that occurs once, at the moment at which the lead is promoted from "anonymous" to "known". At that moment, (once the V2 is live), Marketo will replay some of the smart campaigns the lead would have gone through during it's anonymous life.

But only a few flow step will run during replay:

1. Change Score

2. Interesting Moment

3. Change Data Value

4. Add to List

5. Remove from List

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooooh, so is it possible that they could run through certain programs more than once (like scoring)? If I don't have filters to remove them from scoring, could they be re-scored once they replay?

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Dan Stevens​ yes, this matrix does look accurate.