SOLVED

Re: Waiting to send series of emails from landing page form submisssion

Go to solution
Amelia_Thompson
Level 2

Waiting to send series of emails from landing page form submisssion

I have a Marketo landing page with a form that people are coming to from digital ads. 

Once the user fills out the form on the page they are redirected to a thank you page. 

My problem is I'm not sure how to go about setting up a program to trigger 4 different emails to be sent after some time has passed from the form submission. So ideally I would want to set up a program to do this:

After the form is filled out on the landing page:

- Wait 1 week after form completion to send Email #1

- Wait 3 weeks after form completion to send Email #2 (this email has 4 variations and the one that is sent is based off what the user had selected in the dropdown when they submitted the form on the landing page)

- Wait 5 weeks after form completion to send Email #3

- Wait 6 weeks after form completion to send Email #4

Is something like this possible to do? If so how do I go about doing it? I've tried creating an Email Send program but the scheduler looks like I have to pick a hard date, rather than base it off the time after the form has been submitted. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Hey Amelia Thompson‌ - This is definitely doable   You'll want to use a smart campaign to make this happen.

Start with your Smart List as a Fills Out Form trigger, using the form on the landing page you mentioned. This will listen for anyone who fills out the form.

pastedImage_2.png

From there, your flow steps will include wait steps and email sends. For the 3-week step, use the "Add Choice" to differentiate which email someone should get based on the form field you mentioned. You can include all of your wait steps and send email steps here!

pastedImage_3.png

More details here: Create a New Smart Campaign - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Hi Amelia, yes Marketo can do this, this is basic automation. Did you receive any onboarding training when your company purchased marketo?

I suggest you look at the docs on Smart campaigns Creating a Smart Campaign - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation 

Amelia_Thompson
Level 2

Thank you, I figured it out a bit after I posted the question. 

Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Hey Amelia Thompson‌ - This is definitely doable   You'll want to use a smart campaign to make this happen.

Start with your Smart List as a Fills Out Form trigger, using the form on the landing page you mentioned. This will listen for anyone who fills out the form.

pastedImage_2.png

From there, your flow steps will include wait steps and email sends. For the 3-week step, use the "Add Choice" to differentiate which email someone should get based on the form field you mentioned. You can include all of your wait steps and send email steps here!

pastedImage_3.png

More details here: Create a New Smart Campaign - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation 

Amelia_Thompson
Level 2

Thank you Carrie, this was very helpful.