SOLVED

Wait step question

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait step question

Hi -

We send out invitations to various trade shows and run them in advance, using wait steps to make sure the emails are sent at the right time.

Let's say I set it up so the smart list includes everyone on a certain list who has NOT filled out a specific form. If I then run the program so it enters the wait step and, while still in the wait period, someone fills out that form - will the program know NOT to send them the emails?

Basically, I want to let people unsubscribe from the particular email series, even if the program has already been run and is in the wait step. So, would the program know that someone filled out the form that pulls them off the list even if they were already in the wait step?

Thanks,

Jennifer

How does an updated list get processed if the program has been run and is in a wait step?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Wait step question

Hi Jennifer,

If the logic to check whether they had filled out the form is in your smart list, then once the campaign runs and they enter the wait step they will not be checked against that logic again.

What you could do instead is add a choice to your Send Email flow step.  The choice would be If Filled Out Form (Form Name) > Do Nothing, and the default for the step would be to send the email.  This will check them again after they have exited the flow step.

Make sense?

John

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Jennifer,

If the logic to check whether they had filled out the form is in your smart list, then once the campaign runs and they enter the wait step they will not be checked against that logic again.

What you could do instead is add a choice to your Send Email flow step.  The choice would be If Filled Out Form (Form Name) > Do Nothing, and the default for the step would be to send the email.  This will check them again after they have exited the flow step.

Make sense?

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is brilliant - thank you!