Re: Voting Polls - Is there a way to allow voting for those without a social network account?

Margaret_Addiso
Level 2

Voting Polls - Is there a way to allow voting for those without a social network account?

I need to create a voting poll for a contest that will be open to our customers only. Most of our customers are not engaged on social networks and do not have a social login, others simply do not like to use their social logins for their vendor sites. Is there a way to use the voting poll and allow voting via a direct marketo form and not forcing them to loop through Facebook, Linkedin, or Twitter??
Thanks!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voting Polls - Is there a way to allow voting for those without a social network account?

Margaret,
We use social network authentication to ensure that users do not abuse the system by voting more times than they are allowed to.  It also helps you capture the users' social profile info.  Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have an ability to turn off the social authentication.  Please log this enhancement in the ideas section and let's see how many votes this garners.

Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Raj,

is there any update for this topic?

I think it doesn't make sence that i send one of my customer an initation to poll where he have to login with a third party account to vote for a poll frm my company.

I am searching for the possibility to create something like a ServiceSurvey. After a Support Chase the customer should recieve a mail with a link to a Poll or survey site. There he should give us a short feedback.
For this i do not need social media.

Thanks
Stephan
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Stephen on this point. I want to capture some more data about a lead through a poll and show poll results without requiring social sign on. The participation rate for us, I know, will drop if this is required.

I would love an update to find out if this topic is being addressed.

Michelle
Josh_Perry1
Level 7

I agree with this aswell. Plus we should be able to ask multiple questions.  Not just one.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. We'd like to do an internal poll for training puposes. I don't need my employees logging into social. Nor do I need any lead info on my employees. Most are blocked from social while in the office, so it makes it difficult to get any response on internal polls.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a workaround?  Can we create a basic survey using forms?