Visibility rules on a Marketo form - can I make a checkbox field initially checked for some, unchecked for others based on country?

mattcockayne
Level 2

Visibility rules on a Marketo form - can I make a checkbox field initially checked for some, unchecked for others based on country?

Hi,

Is there a way to add visibility rules on a Marketo form so that one set of people can see a checkbox field with the box initially checked and another set of people can see the box unchecked? I'm trying to update our Agreed to Opt-In terms field on our web forms so that it's checked for leads coming from certain countries and unchecked for others.

I tried creating two different checkboxes on our form related to the same field in Marketo, but it wouldn't let me.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Visibility rules on a Marketo form - can I make a checkbox field initially checked for some, unchecked for others based on country?

VRs manage the interactions between fields. So the Checkbox visibility can be based on the Country value, even if the Country is a hidden field.

Are you talking about a Country dropdown (always accurate) or guessing the Country using GeoIP (prone to error)?
mattcockayne
Level 2

Re: Visibility rules on a Marketo form - can I make a checkbox field initially checked for some, unchecked for others based on country?

Thanks for the reply Sanford. I'm talking about a country dropdown. I would like our opt-in checkbox to be "initially checked"  for people who list a country not in the EU/UK, and not initially checked for people who are from a country in the EU/UK. I was having trouble with this.

Is it possible to change the initially checked setting so some countries have it checked and some don't?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can’t be done without JS. Easy with.