Re: Vidyard/Sales Insight Best Practices?

Caroline_Brown2
Level 3

Vidyard/Sales Insight Best Practices?

We are in the process of implementing Vidyard, and I’m looking for some best practices in regards to Interesting Moments.  I hate to give an IM when people view 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% of a video (so four IMs for one video).  But I also need for our sales team to easily see how long someone watched a video.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Caroline,

You may have 1 to 5 activities in the log, the issue being that, if the lead pauses, you do not know how long it will take to complete the video. Furthermore, Vidyard will take a few minutes to start logging this info. So, for each video, I would create a small program with some smart campaigns and static lists:

1. SC #1: triggers when the view reaches 25%. Add to a list called "viewed 25%"
  2. SC #2: triggers when the view reaches 50%. Add to a list called "viewed 50%"
  3. SC #3: triggers when the view reaches 75%. Add to a list called "viewed 75%"
  4. SC #4: triggers when the view reaches 100%. Add to a list called "viewed 100%"
  5. SC #5: triggers when the view starts. flow: wait 20 minutes (or a duration that seems sufficient so that event with some pause, it's likely the lead has completed the video). Then the IM flow step, with some choices:
    1. if member of list "viewed 100%", IM 100%
    2. if member of list "viewed 75%", IM 75%
    3. if member of list "viewed 50%", IM 50%
    4. if member of list "viewed 25%", IM 25%
    5. default IM: started video

At the end of the flow, remove the lead from all lists.

-Greg

Caroline_Brown2
Level 3

Thank you!  I appreciate the help.

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Grégoire Michel , does that mean you have to create static lists for each video? So you'd have Video 1 program with 4 static lists in it and 4 smart campaigns adding people to those lists?

I'm trying to think of a way you can do this globally with just four static lists. Could you...have a flow step that removes them from the global static lists after a certain amount of time, so they could jump in and out? Would that cause issues with your smart list if they watch video 1, make it to 50% then watch video 2 and make it to 50% and maybe it records video 1 twice?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Christina,

The issue I see if you use only 4 global static lists is that if someone views 2 videos partially a few minutes appart, the system will be lost.

So I would rather create a program template with the video, the 4 lists and the smart campaigns to handle it all, then clone it.

-Greg

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, that's what I suspected but I had hoped that there was a way to make that easier! Thank you Gregoire!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You are welcome