Version History

Anonymous
Not applicable

Version History

How do I see the version history of edits I've made to a message in Design Studio? Do I need to clone the message or is there a way to pull up my edits?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Version History

There is no version history for emails, landing pages, etc.  You can only see the Last Updated date by clicking the Email folder icon in the Design Studio.  You'll need to clone checkpoint versions if you need more than this.  You may want to vote for the Audit Trail Idea.  I think this is on Marketo's product roadmap, but there is no target date at this point.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if we clone the massage at key points, the email name will change, and  campaign needs to be updated everytime we update our message?  It sounds like there will need to be some kind of process where we unapprove all past emails to prevent them from being selected again, is this correct?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another approach you can take is using Snippets. If it is the same email you are using and just simply updating the text of the email, I would recommend creating Snippets for this. This will allow you to keep records of your text (through the various Snippets which I would recommend labeling with a date included to create your own audit trail), but this will keep your content current and you will not have to worry about reps sending the wrong email.