All columns are not displaying after extracting Lead data through API

Anonymous
Not applicable

All columns are not displaying after extracting Lead data through API

I am extracting lead data through API calls 
But after extraction all columns are not displaying, some of the columns are missing like
Account Owner Email Address, Account Owner First Name, Account Owner Last Name, Company Notes etc.

Can anyone suggest me the reason and solution.
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All columns are not displaying after extracting Lead data through API

SOAP API's method getMultipleLeads retrieves one or multiple lead records from Marketo, with all field values for the built-in and custom fields for a lead identified by the provided key (LeadKey). If I am following you correctly the fields mentioned belong to Account, not Lead.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. But not all the fields are account type, below are the list of fields -

Acquisition Date, Account Owner Email Address, Account Owner First Name, Account Owner Last Name, Acquisition Program, Billing Address, Black Listed, Black Listed Cause, Company Notes, Created At, Deleted In Sales, Email Invalid, Email Invalid Cause, Inferred State Region, Urgency, Total Opportunity Amount, SLA Serial Number and many more.

Also I have observed one more thing that, there are many extracted columns which are not present in Lead Database.
like- SAP_CRM_ABCClassification, MicrosoftBillingAddress2 etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total Opportunity Amount and other fields mapped to non-Lead objects are not retrieved.

The other fields being displayed are likely to be either Marketo and/or Salesforce custom fields.
Admin - Field Management - Export Field Names would clarify.

I would suggest creating a support case if the fields returned by SOAP API do not match those in the exported fields list.

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

System fields are not accessible via the SOAP API. Specifically, any field that is read-only will not be accessible via the SOAP API. The solution is to create custom fields in Marketo, and use a Smart Campaign to copy the data from the system field into the custom field. The custom field can then be accessed via the SOAP API. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank  you Jep for the suggestion, but this solution will work only for extraction of data of one user.
Is there any solution so that this will reflect for all users.
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

You will have to run a data management campaign to populate these new custom fields for all Leads in the database. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

We send back all the fields that are available for use in a Form.  All the fields that you list as missing are ones that you would never put on a Form.  Also, the values returned by the API are the API name, which may be different from the Friendly name.  You can obtain the mapping of Friendly names to API names by downloading the CSV from Admin->Field Management->Export Field Names

The workaround for this is to use a campaign to populate custom fields as per Jep's suggestion