Validate email address live on the landing page

Nav_Singh1
Level 2

Re: Validate email address live on the landing page

Great! I'll keep an eye out for it. I think this is probably the only way to accomplish what I'm trying to do. Thanks.

Nav_Singh1
Level 2

Did you ever publish this Sanford?

Julia_Emelius
Level 1

Hi @SanfordWhiteman,
is there anywhere the blog post you wanted to write? I can't find it.

We are also wondering if there is the possibilty to display to a (sales) person on marketo landingpage, if a customer is on a list or not just by typing in the customers email address.

Well we could create a link with a querystring of the email address which will be then pushed automatically to the email address field and by clicking on submit the browser will think, that the sales is the customer because of the munchkin cookie. And then we are able to show specific lead.tokens on the landingpage.
But does this also work "live" and does this also work for static lists somehow?

Thanks and BR
Julia

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

We are also wondering if there is the possibilty to display to a (sales) person on marketo landingpage, if a customer is on a list or not just by typing in the customers email address.

Well we could create a link with a querystring of the email address which will be then pushed automatically to the email address field and by clicking on submit the browser will think, that the sales is the customer because of the munchkin cookie.

This is a bad idea. You do not want to deliberately associate sessions with the lead when you know for sure it’s not actually the lead behind the browser!

If you want a page that displays {{lead.tokens}} that’s meant for use by internal people, create a new Domain Alias that does not share a private domain with your other LP Domain(s). For example, if your Primary LP domain is pages.example.com register a new domain pages.example-sales.com. Never run Munchkin on any example-sales.com pages. That way a salesperson who clicks an alert link to https://pages.example-sales.com/lead-peek will see the lead’s token values, but there will be no other lingering traces of the lead.

Julia_Emelius
Level 1

Hi @SanfordWhiteman 

thanks for that idea. Is there somewhere a step by step guide? I do not understand how a sales person can see results of different persons on that special website.

BR
Julia

P.S. We did this form thing I described in the past for another thing and we were aware of that muchkin-tracking problem. So we implemented a script on this special website, which expires the munchkin-cookie directly after the form fill out. So that no sales person is crashing the activity log of our customers.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

P.S. We did this form thing I described in the past for another thing and we were aware of that muchkin-tracking problem. So we implemented a script on this special website, which expires the munchkin-cookie directly after the form fill out. So that no sales person is crashing the activity log of our customers.

There’s no need to expire the cookie. You just don’t post the Munchkin cookie with the form data, so the re-association never happens.

However, as I mention above it’s better to have a domain that never runs Munchkin at all, so there’s never an association to worry about.

I do not understand how a sales person can see results of different persons on that special website.

You send them an alert with a mkt_tok-enized link to the LP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Matjaž!