Re: UTM params on form submission

Gunpreet_Kaur1
Level 3

Finally, we are implementing MarTech/UTM-Tracking at master · yanirclsr/MarTech · GitHub and on testing, the lt fields are not populating on form submission. On forms, I have Form Pre-fill: Enabled for all ft fields-

pastedImage_2.png

On all lt fields, Form Pre-fill: Disabled-

pastedImage_3.png

Am I missing something?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No idea, I don't use that library but have my own.

Gunpreet_Kaur1
Level 3

Ok, Thanks. 

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Do the values show up when you open Developer Tools under session storage?:

pastedImage_1.png

Gunpreet_Kaur1
Level 3

Yes for the first touch but not last touch. Also, I am confused about last touch logic, is the last touch updated on second form submission? As on first-time form submission, both ft and lt are same. I assumed on second-time form submission it would update the lt fields.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Whatever UTM values are contained in the URL are carried through from page to page during the entire session (and available to populate the hidden form fields).  After the session, the values are no longer available.  

Gunpreet_Kaur1
Level 3

Sorry, I was too quick to respond earlier, it shows up under 'Cookies' not 'Session Storage'

Kristina_Wrigh1
Level 1

We had the same problem recently when we moved to using a universal form structure (i.e., using the same form ID across multiple pieces of content), but we were able to successfully use hidden fields for URL Parameter on our forms (we do not use JS)

pastedImage_0.png

Here's how we have the smart campaign set up to listen for the form fill, and determine which program to assign success based on the UTM data captured from the hidden fields.

pastedImage_2.png

Hope this helps!