SOLVED

Re: Using Tokens in Subject Lines

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Tokens in Subject Lines

Hey guys, 

Marketo Newbie here and I just want to make sure it's okay to use tokens in the email subject lines!? When I link the Sample to a lead it seems to work fine... I just want to verify that it will work before sending any emails out useing Tokens in All 3 of the Sections (Send From Email, Name, and subject lines) 

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Stephen, yup! They will work 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Stephen, yup! They will work 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, Thanks 🙂 I didn’t think it would be a problem. Any best practices in regards to using tokens?? 
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Test, Test, Test! And not just on what works best, but also to make sure that the tokens are inserted properly. Here's a screenshot of an email I got from LeadMD this morning...

0EM50000000SYzD.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Stephen,

Yes, you can use my.tokens or lead. tokens in the From Email, From Name,  Reply-To and Subject line places. However, if you use tokens in the subject line, it makes the sales team unable to fully see the email Subject Line in Sales Insight for SFDC since tokens are not rendered through to the plugin. This is a more advanced feature and lives in SFDC and may not be an issue at this time depending on your use of Sales Insight.

Hope that helps!

Ericka
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ericka, 

Thanks for the "insight" pun funny intended... 🙂 And it did make sense.