SOLVED

Re: Using Tokens in an Email

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Tokens in an Email

We are using tokens in an automated email that we send out via a smart campaign. The token is used in the saluation:   Hi {{lead.First Name:default=}}. We have set the default value for this token to [blank] because we do not want Marketo to enter a value in its place; therefore, .

We would like to use a comma in the salutation: "Hi Joe,". The issue we have is with the token. Because we have inserted a space between the word "Hi" and the token, if we send the email to a lead that does not contain a first name field value, the salutation will appear as "Hi ,". Is there anyway to remove this space between the text besides the token and the actual token, when the token has to insert the default value? Would using an "IF" statement in one of the Flow steps fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Andrea
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at this article on using Formula Fields that will allow you to set conditional logic but you will need a custom field that you put in the email:  https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyp3CAC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't help with an answer to your question, because I have the same exact question myself. I would love to hear if anyone has suggestions on how to resolve this problem.

Taylor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at this article on using Formula Fields that will allow you to set conditional logic but you will need a custom field that you put in the email:  https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyp3CAC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cheryl!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cheryl, this is exactly what I needed!

Andrea
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem as Andrea, but could not figure out how to solve it using Cheryl's suggestion. When trying to define the rules for formula field, I wasn't sure what to enter as my choice. I want to set it up that if Marketo knows my lead's first name, use his first name and then a comma (ex. Hi Joe,) but default choice to be "Hi,"