using the Marketing Calendar for non-marketo marketing events (sales meetings etc.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

using the Marketing Calendar for non-marketo marketing events (sales meetings etc.)

Our goal is to capture all relevant marketing activities (marketo and not) on the marketo calendar. I see that I can create standalone events on the calendar but they need to be connected to an existing marketo program. I'm looking for tips on how to create 'dummy' events that can be used to manually add things like national sales meeting, product launches, etc. without cluttering marketo. Also if this has been answered somewhere else in the community, just show me the link---my community search feature isn't working right now.

3 REPLIES 3
Caryl_Mostacho
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Re: using the Marketing Calendar for non-marketo marketing events (sales meetings etc.)

Hi Jay,

I believe these are always tied to a program.  So if you don't have any programs that are associated with product launches/national sales meetings (like a program where you're sending emails and registrations for these events) you can create a dummy program to manage these dates.

You can Create Entries Directly in the Marketing Calendar - Marketo Docs - Product Docs​ using the Program Focus View or from the Schedule view of the Dummy program you can create your entries in there.

You can use existing entry types: Program Schedule View Entry Types - Marketo Docs - Product Docs  or you can create custom ones: Create Custom Entry Types - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: using the Marketing Calendar for non-marketo marketing events (sales meetings etc.)

Hi Jay,

Caryl has the right idea.  What I usually recommend to our users is to create one Program that can house all of those standalone events.  You don't have to have one Program for each event, just put them all together in one place.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John:

I am trying to use this method for non-Marketo events, but am not sure how to proceed beyond creating the program. For example, if we have a sales meeting we want to put on the calendar, how would you do it?

Thanks!