Re: Using snippets for the landingpages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using snippets for the landingpages

How can i use snippets in the landingpages to be segmented depending on their roles? How would marketo know which user is on the landingpage to display the content that person is segemented on? 
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Michael,

You would need to create your segments first. Sounds like job title is what you are aiming for? After you create the segmentation, you will need to create your snippet. Within the snippet, you will be able to select the segment you are wanting to be the deciding factor for which piece of content to show. There will be a default version which will show for anyone who is part of the default segment in your segmentation. Then, you will be able to customize the content per segment. Once you are satisfied with your snippet, you will then go to the landing page editor and add the snippet where you need it.

Marketo cookies users using munchkin codes. This code lets the system know who is on the page and will show the correct content.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick reply Jeff. I've created my segments and snippets already. What i was asking was, lets say i created all the snippets,segementation and its contents. Then i apply the snippets in my landingpages, but how will the contents in snippets change according to the segments everytime a person goes on my landingpage. How will it know which segement the user is assigned to? is this where the marketo cookies play a part?

Thannks Again! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Michael, 

Not a problem! Yes, that is where the munchkin code comes into play. Each visitor to your site has a unique code that ties to it's record. This association allows the dynamic content functionality. I am not too techincal so I can't get into the weeds too much, but essentially the code ties to the record which is associated to a segment. 

I would definitely recommend testing this for yourself. You change your job title to change your segment and then refresh the page. Just make sure your segment is actually switched before you refresh the page (as you probably know, Mkto needs a bit to catch up).

Here is a little more info on Munchkin code: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz1aCAC