Re: Using SFDC Custom Object to Build SmartList - not working

Tim_Madel1
Level 4

Using SFDC Custom Object to Build SmartList - not working

I have added the Asset object as it relates to the SFDC Account object to our synch. (Called Account Asset under Salesforce Objects). I have also created a smartlist  that for starters I am asking to return all leads that have an Asset associated with the account (i.e. HAs Account Asset equals true). The SmartList returns no records while there are clearly records in our SFDC with assets.

Have I missed something?  From what I have read in other discussions using a Smartlist is the only way to verify if your custom object information is getting synched.

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tim,

I gather you did all this a while after your initial sync. So the assets will sync progressively and if they are many, it may take a while.

Also (sorry for asking the obvious), are you sure that you have activated everything in the admin?

You may want to log a support ticket: they can temporarily increase the Marketo-SFDC sync bandwidth and will also be able to let you know how many assets are sync'ed and how many remain to be sync'ed.

And vote here:

-Greg

Tim_Madel1
Level 4

Grégoire

Thanks for the reply - it could very well be that the data is not synched over yet.  Though it seems like we have had several synch cycles since making the changes.  Would these be spread over a number of synchs?  I have opened a ticket with support as you have suggested.

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Tim,

A couple of things you can do here:

• Under Salesforce Object Sync, click on your Asset object. You'll see two lines for "Salesforce Rows" and "Marketo Rows." This is basically the closest that we have to a sync summary per-object, and you'll want to make sure you're seeing Marketo Rows populate.
  • Make sure that your Marketo sync user has access not only to Accounts, but Account Assets as well--sometimes permissions can be a little wonky, requiring you to mark "Modify All Data" for the object despite Marketo...not being able to modify the object in any way.
Tim_Madel1
Level 4

Courtney,

Thanks!  We have checked the asset but did not look as to whether they could modify only if they could see the object.  Will double check.

Also checked the Salesforce Object synch

Salesforce has 496266 rows, Marketo has 106627.  If I monitor this it should indicate if we are making progress in the synch, correct?