SOLVED

Using SFDC custom object field in Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using SFDC custom object field in Marketo

Hello All,
I'm hoping you can help out. I am a Markto newb trying to give a helping hand to our Marketing department.
We have created a custom object in SFDC that stores a few fileds, some text and some phone. This object is linked to the Account objec tin SF.
We have synced the object with Mkto and we can see the fileds under Admin-->Salesforce-->Object Sync.
The plan is to send out emails and pull the phone values for an account from SF. How does one do that?
When we try use the token in our Design we can't find anything realted to the fileds we need.

I believe we're missing some sort of mapping between Mkto and SFDC for these fields.

Here is a shot of the synced object and its fileds

0EM50000000SRSD.jpg

Here are the Object Properties:
0EM50000000SRSI.jpg

Any help is greatlly appreciated.

Thanks

D.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Using SFDC custom object field in Marketo

Hey Dmytro,

Pulling data through email script is not currently supported when the relationship to the lead/contact is through the account.  The options are build a connection to the contact, or pass the data into a field on the account object itself so that we can pull the value through a company token.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

So what you want to do is use the fileds on that Custom Object in an email as tokens, right? That's pretty tricky because a Lead or Contact might have multiple objects associated to it, so there is no good way for us to know which object to use.

You've got a few choices though- if that custom object can be associated with the lead or contact, you can use the Email Scripting feature (http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/email-scripting/) to pull in thata data. Alternatively, if you can (in SFDC) get that data copied to a field on the Lead or Contact that will also work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erik, thanks for getting back to me.

Contacts won't work. The fields are specific to accounts and the object is associated with the Account object.
If we associate it to contacts, we'd need to know wich contacts to poll in order to get the data which is not feasiable for us.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Dmytro,

Pulling data through email script is not currently supported when the relationship to the lead/contact is through the account.  The options are build a connection to the contact, or pass the data into a field on the account object itself so that we can pull the value through a company token.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny, that explains it. Too bad though, it really limits our options.

D.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Dmytro

Can you get your SFDC Admin to create a formula field on your contact, which looks up to your Account and then across to your custom object. I am not entirely sure what your example is, but I have something that we use.

This is how we use it.

Our Account has a related object called Booking Office
The Booking office is not associated to the Contact at all, but by creating a custom SFDC formula field we can go via the account and pull the phone information from the booking office.
If there is no Booking Office, then the formula applies a generic number dependent on Brand (in our case)

Example of the formula
IF(ISPICKVAL( Account.Status__c, "Trading"), Account.Booking_Office_Details__r.Toll_Free__c, 

IF( ISPICKVAL(Account.Brand__c, "BRAND A"), "1300 000 000", 

IF( ISPICKVAL(Account.Brand__c, "BRAND B"), "1300 111 111", " ")))

Hope that helps - we use this on all our emails so it goes to the right place if they are a customer and if not then it goes to inbound.

Good Luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erik,

I am trying to set up the  something similar to pull information from a custom object into emails and landing page snippets. In trying to set up the email script from the link you sent over, I'm noticing my Marketo looks different from the examples given.

0EM50000000SyQs.jpg
Is there additional set up required?