SOLVED

Re: Using Programs in Engagement Programs instead of Emails?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Programs in Engagement Programs instead of Emails?

I'm using programs within engagement programs instead of emails. But I have the feeling the engagement score is low. Does anyone also use programs instead of emails? Maybe we can compare results.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember that the score is calculated differently when using programs.  We calculate based on the success metric, so you must be sure to use the program statuses to establish membership and success.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember that the score is calculated differently when using programs.  We calculate based on the success metric, so you must be sure to use the program statuses to establish membership and success.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for adding this to this thread. I do realize this. I have a support ticket open on this. As I did see program success of 18,5% of members achieving success. In my example they filled out a form on a landing page (after opening and clicking the email of course). But this program has an engagement score of 16 out of 100. The email statistics are 50% open rate.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Each lead in the program used in the engagement program gets the teaser email and becomes a member (program status). So out of the 100 people I email in this engagement program, 46 open the email, 22 click on the CTA, and 18 filled out the form on the landing page (program success). But the engagement score of this program is only 21. Which suggests poor performance. Whilst I think we all agree that the results are pretty good. This is the exact reason I want to benchmark my engagement scores with others.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We will be doing the same (using full Programs rather than simple emails).  This is what our Marketo consultant advised us to do since we are using RCA.  Setting these up as individual programs is necessary in order to achieve the proper reporting in RCA.

But I'm concerned that we too will experience very low engagement scores.  What if we include the new email program within each program.  If success is achieved within the email program (engaged), would this not help improve the overall engagement score?  Although I'm still hesitant in using the new email program given some of the issues I've encountered thus far and what I've been reading in the community.  Marketo still needs to work out the kinks before we start using it on a regular basis.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan, You can't use the Email Program in Engagement Programs yet.

I also noticed some of the newer content programs do have scores that are closer to the truth. Support is still looking in to the question, but this issue just concerns a part of the engagement scores. I also use a lot of other methods to measure succes. The only reason for starting this thread is because I want the dashboard displaying correct numbers in order not to confuse my users. So I would advise you, like your agency, to use programs for each piece of content.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify, we do not intend on supporting the email program inside engagement.  Champion/Challenger is what we built to use here instead.  If you use a program inside engagement, the score is based on success.  You must use smart campaigns to define and move leads into success.
Dan_Stevens_

@Diederik - yes, I found this out shortly after posting this that the new Email Programs weren't support (nor will they be)

@Cheryl - So if I understand correctly, when programs are used in an Engagement Program (which is the preferred approach for advanced analytics in RCE), the engagement score is a simple measure of success vs. the complex/proprietary algorithm Marketo uses when simple email programs are used (I'm not referring to the "new" email program)?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Dan - yes you are correct.
Dan_Stevens_

Thanks for clarifying Cheryl.  So it doesn't take into consideration email clicks, web visits, etc.?  So if the following was the channel used for our nurture flows in the engagement program, will the engagement score only be based on the two success statuses.

0EM50000000RQvZ.jpg