SOLVED

Using Parentheses in Advanced Filters

Go to solution
mjaani
Level 1

Using Parentheses in Advanced Filters

Hi all,

Can someone please verify that I am using the correct formula for the advanced filter (see screenshot attached).

I want the following:

- they must have opened an email in the last 1000 days 

OR 

- clicked a link in an email in the last 1000 days

AND 

- they must NOT be apart of list 3 or 4 (blurred list names for obvious reasons)

Right now, this is the formula I have: (1 or 2) and (3 and 4)

I know when using the "NOT IN Member of List" filter i have to use the logic "and".

I just want to be safe and make sure the formula suppresses the correct records.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 163553.png

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bekahwalters1
Level 2

Re: Using Parentheses in Advanced Filters

I would update to the following:

(1 OR 2) AND 3 AND 4

The parenthesis around 3 and 4 are not necessary.

Also, as far as "last 1000 days", Marketo data retention policy states that Email Opens and Email Clicks are retained for 25 months (~760 days). You can use "past 25 months" here as well. 

Here's the article: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/marketo-activities-data-retention-policy/ta-p/251480

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bekahwalters1
Level 2

I would update to the following:

(1 OR 2) AND 3 AND 4

The parenthesis around 3 and 4 are not necessary.

Also, as far as "last 1000 days", Marketo data retention policy states that Email Opens and Email Clicks are retained for 25 months (~760 days). You can use "past 25 months" here as well. 

Here's the article: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/marketo-activities-data-retention-policy/ta-p/251480

mjaani
Level 1

Thank you so much, I have updated it on my end. 

I have also changed the requirements for Email Opens and Email Clicks to 25 months.