Using Marketo forms with Wordpress website

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Marketo forms with Wordpress website

So dumb. If you are helping people, you are helping people. You shouldn't have to be on here 24/7 answering every question to provide value to someone.

Do you have a link to this list of rules? I've been hunting for it and cannot seem to find a link anywhere.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not dumb. It's one of the best things to happen to the Community, since you don't get inferior software + services plugged by people who have never helped a single person for free, ever. (I am certainly not talking about Kevin, but some past offenders).

From Community Guidelines:

pastedImage_0.png

I happen to feel that self-promotion should be badgified, so if you achieve a certain number of points you're allowed occasional plugs. But it's not up to me.

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I happen to feel that self-promotion should be badgified...

classic

Anonymous
Not applicable

What Kevin shared was not an ad or promotion. The page he linked to has a free download for the basic version of the software that is not gated. So in my opinion it does not violate the quote you referenced. There is nothing for sale there and no exchange of data is required to access the tool.  There are "no strings attached" to using the suggested tool Kevin shared. It doesn't say you can't link to any content on your site, just that you shouldn't share "links to forms on your site". To me it seems that you have your own personal interpretation of this rule that isn't necessarily law. Maybe a moderator needs to weigh-in.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

"Links to forms or your site," it's loud and clear.