Using Interesting Moments to track Purchase behavior

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Interesting Moments to track Purchase behavior

Hello Community!

I'm doing email marketing on behalf of clients for their trade shows. Two different sets of emails go out to Attendees and to Exhibitors. For the exhibitors, the emails they receive contain links for them to purchase additional online promotions for their ebooth prior to the show (we create the website that hosts these promotions).

What I'm wondering is, is there a way to use 'Interesting Moments' to track purchases that occur as a result of this email? I'd like to showcase the worth of the email with these statistics.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Using Interesting Moments to track Purchase behavior

You can do this with or without Interesting Moments. I would suggest a smart campaign triggered by a purchase (assuming you have that data synced), and a filter of "clicked link in email" or at least "opened email" in the last 2 days or so. Or, you could use a unique link in the email that can only be accessed via the email, and you could have a "visited webpage" filter. One advantage of this last option is that you can capture anyone who made a purchase even if the email wasn't sent directly to them, or if it was sent to a different email address than they used to make a purchase.

Then your flow steps could involve adding to an SFDC campaign, setting up interesting moments, just changing a program status to Converted or similar, or any number of other things.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Interesting Moments to track Purchase behavior

Good advice Dory Viscogliosi​. Thanks for the input!