Using Intercom and Marketo Together?

Erin_Olsen2
Level 3

Using Intercom and Marketo Together?

We are looking at a tool to help us with in-app engagement. Has anyone used these stand-alone tools alongside Marketo? We are looking at using Intercom and there is some cross over functionality... Trying to determine what would get set out of Marketo vs. Intercom and how you track total engagement across both marketing efforts and product engagement.

Thanks!

Erin

8 REPLIES 8
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Using Intercom and Marketo Together?

Hi Erin,

You would better post this to "products". Much more people will read it an be likely to answer.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Moved post

- your friendly neighborhood nation builder

Zak_Pines5
Level 4

Hi Erin,

I am a 7-year Marketo user and I recently joined Bedrock Data. This is a great use case for Bedrock Data and is will help you sync data between Marketo & Intercom, as well as other third party systems.  Let me know if this is something I can help you with.

Marketo Integrations - Marketo integration hub

Marketo - Intercom Integrations - Marketo Intercom Integration

Zak Pines

zak@bedrockdata.com

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Erin, Intercom is amazing! We use it at Knak and are very pleased with it.

We have integrated Marketo + Intercom in a couple of ways:

1. I would recommend looking at Zapier. They have some 'zaps' already defined that can push new contacts or users from Intercom right into Marketo. I really like this option since I'm not technical I was able to set this up in a few minutes.
  2. API - ultimately from our app we had a bunch of data that we wanted to get into Marketo so we had our devs build some API connectors to push in-app data into Marketo. Works like a charm.

Hope that helps - would be happy to discuss further. Really love what Intercom is doing - they rock!

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Re-read your original post and a couple other things to add...

There is definitely some overlap. But, we have setup segments in Intercom that essentially align to our lifecycle in Marketo. It's nice to have that data in both places since you'll want to know where people are at in Intercom when you communicate with them as well.

Marketo is ultimately the place to track marketing engagement and attribution IMO - but Intercom segments are pretty powerful.

Zak_Pines5
Level 4

Hi Erin and Pierce,

A couple further considerations here:

1. Zapier is a single push integration so works well if your use case is a one time push from one system to the other (e.g. creating new records). It won't support use cases that involve updating existing records which is often required for ongoing integration.

2. APIs like Pierce mentioned are a good option if you have development resources to both setup the initial integration and manage/evolve it

The advantage of an integration hub like Bedrock Data would be to address both of the above (get a bi-directional, persistent integration between Marketo and Intercom and also not require any development or support resources on your side, and furthermore serve as a platform for integrating Marketo across additional systems as your needs evolve).

Zak

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Hey Zak,

Interesting. Please reach out to me as I would be curious to hear more/see a demo. What is the pricing on your integration hub?

Zak_Pines5
Level 4

Hi Pierce,

OK will do, I'll send you a LinkedIn invite and then schedule a call with you.

RE: Integration Hub, I just refreshed this blog post on Native Integrations vs. Integration Hub - interested in your feedback on it

Native Integrations vs. integration hub, the pros & cons

RE: Bedrock Data pricing, it's based on volume of data integrated and supports unlimited number of use cases. Some great use cases for

Bedrock Data Product Pricing

Bedrock are Marketo to CRM (SalesForce, NetSuite, Dynamics, Zoho, VTiger) and then other systems in your ecosystem which could include Support (e.g. Intercom, Connectwise), eCommerce (e.g. Shopify), Billing, Webinars, Events, etc. The current list of integrations are here

Cloud Data Integration Plaform | iPaas | CRM Marketing Finance Integrations

Best Regards,

Zak