Using Inactivity Scoring? Still Best Practice?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Inactivity Scoring? Still Best Practice?

We currently use a smart capaign to decrease lead score for any lead that hasn't had any activity within the last 30 days.  This seems to be in line with Marketo's own recommendations for scoring best practices, but it no longer works - because the smart list apparently times out (our database is only 400k or so).  

The program used to run fine - but we've noticed a huge slowdown on virtually every Marketo program that we are using, and now some of them are timing out. Is there something else that you guys would recommend to still enact inactivity scoring w/o timing out on Marketo's servers?
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Using Inactivity Scoring? Still Best Practice?

Rob,

How is the smart list constructed? I usually only use 4 Not Was Filters: visits web page, clicked, opened, and filled out form. Often a good 70-80% of the database will qualify the first day and a few from there on in, but it is taxing on the system to run this so I only do so as a batch, nightly, and to qualify every 30 days.

I'd call support if you see this breaking, they may have ideas on how to help.

And yes, inactivity scoring is a good idea if you rely on scoring heavily. An alternative is to only score key behaviors and just not worry about inactivity.