SOLVED

Re: Using Google Maps JavaScript API to auto populate form fields / Has anyone integrated Gravity Forms?

Go to solution
DeniseGreenberg
Level 4

Using Google Maps JavaScript API to auto populate form fields / Has anyone integrated Gravity Forms?

I have a client who is asking me if there is a way to use the google maps JavaScript API to auto populate form fields (state and zip code)  for filling out address fields on a form embedded in a WordPress page. If so, can you give me some idea of the level of work involved? Does anyone know?

@SanfordWhiteman - this seems like something you would know.

The client's web agency suggesting replacing the embedded Marketo forms with Gravity forms due to the fact that they have this functionality built in. Gravity forms apparently have a Marketo integration. Has anyone used them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Using Google Maps JavaScript API to auto populate form fields / Has anyone integrated Gravity Forms?

I have a client who is asking me if there is a way to use the google maps JavaScript API to auto populate form fields (state and zip code)  for filling out address fields on a form embedded in a WordPress page. If so, can you give me some idea of the level of work involved? Does anyone know?

Yes, here’s a fully working example:

MktoForms2 :: Google Places Autocomplete v1.0.2

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@DeniseGreenberg ,

the short answer is YES, you could have code that sat inside the whenRendered() function of the form that called out to google maps (or any other API for that matter), and pushed values into the fields.  I'd have expected (assuming you've done all the set up stuff in Google Maps already) that this would be very straightforward (if you want a t-shirt size estimate, I'd say this was an S).

Gravity forms does have an integration to Marketo using a tool by a company called CRM Perks.  It works pretty (surprisingly?) well.  However, you lose the ability to do pre-fill as the Marketo form is never exposed.

Regards

Jo

DeniseGreenberg
Level 4

Thank you, @Jo_Pitts1 !

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, here’s a fully working example:

MktoForms2 :: Google Places Autocomplete v1.0.2

DeniseGreenberg
Level 4

Thank you @SanfordWhiteman