Using Drupal Form Module Integrated with Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Drupal Form Module Integrated with Marketo

We are going to start using Drupal forms on our website and integrating with Marketo to pass leads through. We have to use Drupal forms to comply with https site. Is anyone using Drupal forms?

My question is really on how we use these forms in triggers and filters. So right now I have triggers that work off 'form has ben filled in' and filters for 'filled out form', how do these work when the form is a Drupal form? Does it still show up in forms list?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Using Drupal Form Module Integrated with Marketo

Hi Christina,

Do you know which specific drupal module you're planning to implement(a link, perhaps)?  There seem to be several and it's difficult to answer your questions without knowing exactly what methods it uses to integrate with Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are planning on implementing the Marketo MA module, which would allow us to use the SOAP Web Service API to add leads to Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Christina,
Forms (webforms) submitted from Drupal using the Marketo MA module aren't really forms in the Marketo sense so those triggers don't apply. There is a thread to enable such funcationality within the module if you'd like to contribute ideas though.

An approach I've tested is to trigger off Lead Source equivilant to something you configure on the Drupal form.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not an option since leads source is hard-coded as the originial source so would only work for new leads. I need something that triggers for each individual form completion.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming you're using a Drupal webform here but a similar approach could work for a custom built form. How about adding a trigger on "Visits Web Page" and set the Web Page equal to the location the visitor is taken to after submitting the form?

Assuming your node ID was 101 and you are in fact using webform and its default behavior, you could set the web page to "example.com/noe/101/done" and that should trigger your event regardless of new or existing lead.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently I can't spell node. Should have been "example.com/node/101/done".
Anonymous
Not applicable

Christina,
If you're interested in trying it out, I've added functionality to the Drupal Marketo MA module that should solve this for you. While I believe it's sound, it's not a published release yet and you'd have to update to the 7.x-1.x-dev version of the module. More info can be found at https://www.drupal.org/node/2190655.