SOLVED

Using a Text Field To Exclude Leads From A Program

Go to solution
michellechopin
Level 6

Using a Text Field To Exclude Leads From A Program

Happy Friday, Community friends - I seem to always manage to have a question at the end of the week so I shall continue my Friday Question theme πŸ˜‹

We have a general Contact Us form that gets a lot of junk submissions - a common one is offers to clean our office (we're an entirely remote company so it's annoying AND comical that these continue to come in). Because this form is an Instant Qualifier for us (makes a lead MQL in Score and Lifecycle Stage), I'd like to make sure these don't get through to our BDR Team as they're a time waste to have to review and delete. 

I usually exclude employee submissions from the program, and thought I could do the same for anyone that adds specific keywords to the text box that's included on that form - however, all my tests are failing and I can't figure out why

Here's how I have the filters set up in the form Smart Campaign:

michellechopin_0-1707517111221.png

I've used two versions of the logic (neither achieved what I wanted):

1. (1 or 2) or (3 or 4)
  2. Use ANY filters (because I wasn't sure if the first set of filters were considering "or" across all filters or per group, and basically ANY of these scenarios should be excluded from entering the program)

Also, because I can't stop the form itself being filled out and that Marketo will still see it, even if it doesn't add the lead to the program, I adjusted our Instant Qualifier campaign to include the keyword filters and updated logic:

michellechopin_1-1707517317783.png

My colleague did her own test with a Marketo LP and fresh form that she used a single keyword to exclude herself from and it also failed, so I'm wondering if there's no way to exclude by keywords or (hoping) that there's a better way to do so.

Any insight is always appreciated and if there's a much better way to do this, then I'm also open to hearing about it!

TIA πŸ˜€

Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Using a Text Field To Exclude Leads From A Program

The correct filter mode is AND (a.k.a. ALL).

You want people who did not do A AND did not do B AND did not do C.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The correct filter mode is AND (a.k.a. ALL).

You want people who did not do A AND did not do B AND did not do C.
michellechopin
Level 6

You are a rockstar as always @SanfordWhiteman! I was DEFINITELY making that way more complicated than I needed to and now that I changed things up to meet ALL filters, it looks like I was able to prevent my test form fill from going into Marketo πŸ™Œ

The team will be super happy to hear this solution for one of our junk form challenges, so thank you from all of us!

Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@michellechopin  Love your Friday questions, your should continue these weekly !

This is exactly what the Community is about and Sandy got back to you in a flash - assume he is on the same tine zone as you.

I see the funny side of targeting a remote company for cleaning services - unless they are looking to clean your data or servers?!

michellechopin
Level 6

@Zoe_Forman Maybe we can do something that's more of a Friday FAQ session vs me trying to solve for things late in the week πŸ˜‹ That would probably be more helpful for folks than seeing me ask questions that quite often are simple to answer but I've gotten myself too wrapped up in it to see it without help!

We definitely giggle about the cleaning services given that we haven't had a physical office in about a year or so now. You make a good point about data and server cleaning but each form fill has specified "office cleaning", which is one of the keywords we're using to eliminate people from Marketo and our BDR Team.