SOLVED

User Aborted Delivery

Go to solution
Laura_Gheorghe
Level 1

User Aborted Delivery

Hi everyone,

I have aborted a smart campaign while it was already processing, most of the emails have been delivered but around 100k contacts show up as soft bounces. The reason for the soft bounce in the Activity log states :"User Aborted Delivery".  I'd like to resend the email to these contacts  which I have gathered in a smart list with a new smart campaign but I'm afraid that Marketo will reattempt delivery from the original program. Is that the case? Couldn't find any documentation on this, although it seems pretty clear to me that it should not.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrew_Casey
Level 1

Re: User Aborted Delivery

Aborting a batch smart campaign puts a stop to any flow steps that have yet to take place at the point of aborting so essentially it deactivates the campaign. If you have created a new smart campaign and smart list to re-send the email then it won't have any effect on the aborted campaign as this campaign is no longer running.

For a triggered smart campaign you would have to use the "Remove from Flow Step" in a separate campaign to remove members from continuing through the flow steps.

Hope this helps.

Andy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew_Casey
Level 1

Aborting a batch smart campaign puts a stop to any flow steps that have yet to take place at the point of aborting so essentially it deactivates the campaign. If you have created a new smart campaign and smart list to re-send the email then it won't have any effect on the aborted campaign as this campaign is no longer running.

For a triggered smart campaign you would have to use the "Remove from Flow Step" in a separate campaign to remove members from continuing through the flow steps.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Laura_Gheorghe
Level 1

Thanks for confirming! Really helpful!