SOLVED

Useing a stream for a small Drip

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Useing a stream for a small Drip

Let me know if there is a better way to do this. But for reporting I wanted to setup a 2 month long drip. Fairly simple really. 

On Late October and mid november I have some emails I want to send. From what I understand Marketo gives streams some cool dashboards I could use. But I want to send these emails on certain days. So this is what I setup

2 Streams, the first is "October" the second "September" I told it to send EVERY day for the whole month BUT I only opened up the availability on each email for the day I want it to get sent out on. This seems like it's how you're so-post to do it. But Its a little different from what I'm used to. 

Is this the proper way to do this? Or should I be using something else for these kind of drips? I want the reporting on the Email Nurture Programs, that’s why I’m using this. 

I also set the trigger from one stream to the next once the last email in stream 1 gets delivered.. 

Thoughts? This is the first time building this out as I’m only 2 weeks into using Marketo 🙂 

I guess I could put all the emails in 1 stream and just change the avalibility but having it in 2 seems a bit more orgonized. 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Useing a stream for a small Drip

Stephen,

I think it's fine to use an Engagement here. Setting Cadence to None will disable the Stream. It sounds like what you want to do will work as youset it up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13

I'm confused about what you really want to do. Generally, it sounds like what you have done will work.

If you want to send the emails every day of the month, then you can just set the Cadence to every day and put all the emails in a Stream. Having September and October streams sound ok to me if you aren't planning to use these emails again for awhile.

Setting up each email to only be available on 1 day will take up a lot of time to setup. 

Are you entering in the leads all at once or will they be allowed to come in any time during the month? If once, this system is fine. If they will continually enter, then having 1 stream will work better.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It may be because i'm not familiar with the system and i'm explaining it wrong. 

But the campaign is only going on for 2 months (with a static list). 

Basically I want to send these emails on certain days going over 2 moths but also want to have a global snapshot of the analytics. 

Looking more into this I think I can just tell the Cadence "none" and just make each email available on the days that I want it to go out. within 1 stream. 

Unless there is a better way to do this? I know if I do this as a general program i can say... Send email... wait till "this day" send again... but I dont get that dashboard. 🙂
Josh_Hill13

Stephen,

I think it's fine to use an Engagement here. Setting Cadence to None will disable the Stream. It sounds like what you want to do will work as youset it up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, perfect. I was wondering what "none" really meant.

Thanks