Re: Use REST API to get lead database changes (not activity changes)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use REST API to get lead database changes (not activity changes)

I'm trying to synchronize two databases and I need to be able to get leads that have changed after a specified date.  The Get Lead Changes endpoint applies to the activities of a lead and not the lead itself.  As a worst case, I would need to get the entire list of leads and exclude unchanged value, but then I would run into the quota limit.

The SOAP API has a LeadKeySelector in the getMultipleLeads method for this purpose.

2 REPLIES 2
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Paul Rony​, I had to solve this problem before -- fortunately I had some smart BI people on the team who figured it out.

Basically we used Get Multiple Leads by Filter Type and filtered off of the "Updated At" field.

Updated At is not available by default as a filter with this call, and you actually CAN'T filter off of a custom date field, so we made a new custom field that grabbed the Updated At into a string, and then filtered off the string values, which is doable.

A lot of contortions just to get the delta of changed leads, but it is working.  If there is a more direct method we didn't discover it yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting solution, but I'm trying to develop a solution that would work for all my customers and the idea of managing it through custom fields seems painful.  At some point, Marketo will solve this problem, so for now I'm going to reduce the polling frequency and just continue to pull all records.

At the very least, it would be helpful to sort the leads in the Get Multiple Leads by Filter Type call so that I can stop early.