Use Personalize Email Addresses in From and Reply-to Areas for emails

Lisa_Martin3
Level 1

Use Personalize Email Addresses in From and Reply-to Areas for emails

Hi There;

Our team wants to move away from utilizing generic email addresses in the from and reply-to area example info@abc.com and replace with an individual's email address ie ljohnson@abc.com.  I know how to adjust in the email, but when done, the email goes into the junk folder.

What is the best way to implement personal email addresses in the from and reply-to sections of an email?  Is there a way to "Warm-up" the email address so that they are recognized by our database?  Is there any documentation?

Thank you;

Lisa 

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Use Personalize Email Addresses in From and Reply-to Areas for emails

so you want your emails to come from a sales rep? Just use the Lead Owner Email Address token or put a name in there.

{{lead.Lead Owner Email Address}}

or

josh@company.com as long as this is a real email box or alias. I've heard, but not confirmed, that you may not use a "fake person" in this From Address. Check with legal.

S_D1
Level 4

Hi Josh,

I am using tokens to personalize emails. For example -

Dear {{lead.First Name:default=customer}},

But, when I am sending SAMPLE EMAIL to anyone, people are getting email with default value( Dear customer) and not their first name.

Does sample email sent to anyone picks only default value?

Brooke_Bartos1
Level 6 - Champion

Hi Sagorika,

When you send the sample, you need to specify a "sample" person in the Person selection window, otherwise the samples will be the default as a value has not been identified. So in order for the sample to have your name in it, you would need to select yourself in that window, in addition to having your email as the "Send To" for the sample distribution. Does this make sense?

pastedImage_0.png