URL for Hero Image Advice

Alexis_Romano
Level 2

URL for Hero Image Advice

Any idea on how to get our hero image hyperlinked? I went into design studio and found the image but for some reason it still keep point to an external url. Is this because of the global email template? If so, how can I fix?

pastedImage_1.png

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_Bartz1
Level 5

Re: URL for Hero Image Advice

It's all about how the email template is setup. 

If the image was setup as a variable you won't be able to add a URL in the swap image box. 

If the image was setup as an element you'll need to modify the attributes of the element to make the link URL editable in this box. 

This is all controlled by the HTML syntax of the template. Full documentation can be found here: Email Template Syntax - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation 

Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Alexis,

It looks like the email template has been locked down and does not include the mktoImgLink syntax that allows for the Link URL to be updated/added. 

I believe whoever created your template missed off a few syntax variables that allow for editing. I'd suggest you start with getting them to update the template to include these.

For more information on Email Template Syntax, you can reference this doc: Email Template Syntax - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation 

Alexis_Romano
Level 2

Hi Josh, Marketo created this template for us as a quick start. Any chance you can help with some html i can add to make the hero image editable.