Re: Upload leads with nothing else than the email field ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upload leads with nothing else than the email field ?

Dear Marketo community,

I have a simple question: Is it possible to use Marketo as a newsletter software like Campaign monitor or Mailchimp.

Thing is I have always been using marketo with Salesforce (with name, first name, email, company for the minimum completed fields) and today we would like to send newsletters.

We wonder if we could upload external sources of email in Marketo (without having to enter the name, first name, and company of these leads) , dedupe the lists in the software, without uploading these leads in salesforce.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Alex
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Alexandre!

Yes, this is definitely possible.  I believe that as long as your Marketo instance isn't set up to sync automatically with SFDC, this new uploaded list won't send to SFDC.  We have ours set up so that only SFDC information publishes to Marketo, not vice versa.

We do sometimes upload lists with just email addresses, though you may still want to add other fields (like first/last name, company name, etc) for better tracking and personalization down the road.

Marketo will dedupe the email list automatically.

I hope this helps!
Jenn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can do this as Jenn describes. If SFDC has minimum requirements, then those new leads won't sync no matter what you do.

In fact, I highly recommend you migrate all of your lists to Marketo to ensure deduping and CANSPAM compliance. Once I did this, my deliverability went from 85% to 97% thanks to all the auto fixes and deduping.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today, all my lists are both in Marketo and Salesforce.

Thanks to your help I will try to upload my new lists directly in Marketo. Deduping is automatic once the leads are in the base ?

Thanks a lot Jenn and Joshua.

Alex
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I still have a problem: I uploaded 14k leads in the "Email Address" from a CSV file but it didn't work

I don't find any "Email Adress" field to display and the "Email field is empty, I just have 14k empty rows!

Thanks it anybody has an idea!