SOLVED

Updating Program Name Taxonomy and Channel

Go to solution
adam_benitez77
Level 1

Updating Program Name Taxonomy and Channel

MOPs Pros,
We're going to be updating our program name taxonomy and channels soon, but interested in best practices. Here are the options I can think of:
1. Update the name on the current program - we can't update channels in this case though so we'll be left with old channel

2. Create new campaign and migrate members from old campaign over - we get the updated campaign name and channel, but will have wrong member status dates as they'll appear as the date they were moved over. Also, need to be mindful of other operational campaigns that might get triggered

3. Create new campaign but don't migrate members from old campaign over - only new members will show under the new campaign name so we'll have a split in reporting in members from that cut-over date

Are there any options or details I'm missing? What have you found as best practice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Updating Program Name Taxonomy and Channel

Oof, always tricky these...

For me I'd choose between all or nothing (also depending on the amount of programs you would need to transform of course).

1. All would be for each program to create static lists capturing all people with the same program status. Then remove program status from all your smart campaigns which means you can change the channel. Then update your smart campaigns to reflect the new program statuses and based on static list membership reassign your audience to the correct statuses. And of course update your program name to the new naming convention.
  2. Nothing would be to create new programs with the new structure and deactivate the old ones. Leave them as they are.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Katja_Keesom

Oof, always tricky these...

For me I'd choose between all or nothing (also depending on the amount of programs you would need to transform of course).

1. All would be for each program to create static lists capturing all people with the same program status. Then remove program status from all your smart campaigns which means you can change the channel. Then update your smart campaigns to reflect the new program statuses and based on static list membership reassign your audience to the correct statuses. And of course update your program name to the new naming convention.
  2. Nothing would be to create new programs with the new structure and deactivate the old ones. Leave them as they are.
adam_benitez77
Level 1

Appreciate your quick response, @Katja_Keesom. We have ~ 65 active campaigns so are thinking option 1, but after testing that does seem like a bit more work. With that option, is there a way to get Acquired By and Acquisition Program to stay even after we migrate leads out to a static list?

Katja_Keesom

Hi Adam,

Yes there is. You can stamp those fields with a smart campaign when you reassign them back to the correct program status.

Kind regards,

Katja