Re: Updating Lead Owner In Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating Lead Owner In Salesforce

I'm setting up my webforms in Marketo so that all submissions are created as leads in Salesforce (SFDC) and assigned to one lead owner (based on a lead assignment rule in SFDC). In Marketo, the campaign flow sends an alert to that lead owner using the Send Alert Info token so they can click the link and see the Salesforce record for that lead.

This works properly when the lead is new and not yet in SFDC because the lead assignment rule takes affect. However when testing with leads that are already in my SFDC instance, the lead owner is not being updated to the one designated in my assignment rules so the alert is going to the wrong person. This is problematic as some of our leads are assigned to people in SFDC that are no longer with the company. 

I'd like to create a rule or process so that any lead that already exists, that comes in from a webform, will have the lead owner changed to the one person I designate. 

Is this something I need to fix on the SFDC side in assignment rules or is this something I need to set up in Marketo?

BTW- we have Salesforce Professional.

Thanks!

Carolyn

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would start with SFDC on this one - you'll want to update your Assignment Rules to fire every time the record is edited - and you would have to edit something on the records for it re-evaluate the assignment. Believe it or not, this setting is on the page layout:

When editing a lead or case the assign using active assignment rules checkbox is always checked by d...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Grant. I was able make sure the 'Assign using active assignment rule' box is already checked by default. Now just trying to figure out how to tell my assignment rule to fire every time a record is edited.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, I would focus on SFDC on this one. When you go to one of those old leads owner by a rep who's no longer there and edit the record (yourself), does the ownership change correctly to the new rep?

Get that to work first, and then you'll know that when it's Marketo that's doing the editing, the assignment rules will take care of themselves.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I'm able to change the lead owner manually. Still looking for an SFDC solution since assignment rules are only for new records.

Thanks for your help.