Updating an SFDC checkbox field based on important action triggers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating an SFDC checkbox field based on important action triggers

We'd like to update custom made SFDC checkbox fields as true or false depending on the trigger filters and constraints in our smart lists in Marketo. We have the same filters for two different Marketo campaigns, however the constraints change to look for any activity in the past 7 days vs the past 30 days, which will update corresponding SFDC fields. I have enough understanding to create the campaign flow to say change value to True whenever the filters are true, but I do not understand how to update the SFDC field to false when the filters are not true. for example, its January 7 and lead engages with us within the past 7 days on January 1 so the SFDC field shows as true. But then on January 9th there has been no further engagement so we need the SFDC field to reflect as false.

Anyone understand what I'm going for and have any recommendations?

3 REPLIES 3
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Updating an SFDC checkbox field based on important action triggers

Hi Evan,

You can use the "Not" activity filters, but you would have to decide exactly which activities you wanted leads to perform.  Basically, you'd have a campaign that ran every day and the filters in the smart list would be "Not Filled Out Form" and "Not Opened Email", or whatever actions you were looking at.  This campaign would run once a day and qualify everyone who hadn't had any actions that day, or the past 2 day, or however you set the logic.

There isn't any way to trigger from inactivity, so a recurring batch campaign is the only way I can think for you to do this.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks John, That was definitely helpful.

So in effect we would have a pretty quick indicator of who is interacting with us in our time frame, but only a daily update on anyone who drops out of the time frame? I'm totally okay with that considering lead follow up is the goal.

Thank you again for the quick response!

John_Clark1
Level 10

Yes, you're correct.  The shortest time a campaign can be set to recur is daily, so inactive leads would get updated once a day at the most.

Have a great weekend!

John