SOLVED

Update Person records that share same email

Go to solution
Pruthvi459
Level 2

Update Person records that share same email

Hi All, I have an integration where I want to update the Person record with an email address "abc@xyz.com" using an external ID. However, I am unable to identify if there are duplicate records that share the same email address. Is there any automation in Marketo that I can use to update the data of duplicate records with the values from the updated record?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Update Person records that share same email

You need to use a webhook-compatible service to spread/broadcast changes to other people with the same Email Address.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You need to use a webhook-compatible service to spread/broadcast changes to other people with the same Email Address.

anne_sample_f5
Level 4

It's been a few years, but I did this exact thing using Zapier. In my case I was maintaining subscription preferences across multiple records. I had a smart campaign set up so that when someone filled out our preference form, if they were a possible duplicate, it would trigger a webhook into Zapier that sent all the fields I wanted to update. Zapier would take those field values, run a search for all records in Marketo with that email address, and then push those field values into each of the resulting records in Marketo.

So the flow I used in Zapier was as follows:

1. Webhooks by Zapier

2. Find Lead in Marketo

3. Create or Update Lead in Marketo

I'm sure you could do something similar with a number of different platforms, just wanted to share the details of how I had accomplished this so maybe you'd have a starting point.

Good luck!