Update Leads in Marketo with SFDC information? Possible?

Matthew_Libanio
Level 2

Update Leads in Marketo with SFDC information? Possible?

Hi there,
   our list is growing and growing (thanks Marketo!), and we have been changing these to Contacts in SFDC, but Marketo still has them loaded as Leads.

My questions is this.  Is there a way I can change update my "leads" in Marketo with "Contact ID, Contact Type, Account Number, etc" for each lead so that they are stop being considered leads and are converted to Contacts.

This would help immensely with managing in SFDC (we are manually doing it right now!).

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update Leads in Marketo with SFDC information? Possible?

Hi Matthew,

First off, Marketo is different from Salesforce in that it does not see Leads or Contacts differently - in Marketo they are all always leads.  However, you can easily distinguish between the two in your smart lists with the "SFDC Type" filter.  Simply pull that in and plug in Lead or Contact for the field value.

I am not sure exactly what you're getting at in terms of updating leads versus contacts differently, though - could you rephrase?
Kim_Allen
Level 10

I agree with Nate. All names in Marketo are "leads" but depending on your SFDC setup and what each record requires and which information carries over when converted, that's what you'd be able to see. Is this your question?
Matthew_Libanio
Level 2

I think we are close to an answer but not quite. 

So lets project this scenario then.
1) Lead fills out form on Marketo
2) Marketo Program is setup to Sync to Campaign in SFDC
3) This Marketo Lead that already filled out the form is already a Contact in SFDC

What happens?
Will it:
(a) create a duplicate Lead in the campaign?
(b) create a Contact and create a Activity in SFDC?
(c) create an Activity in SFDC only?
(d) something else entirely? LOL!

Thanks so much Nate and Kim for responding so quickly!  The Marketo Community is simply awesome!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Nate and Kim 🙂 and would also add, if you want to see account/contact specific data just make sure you create those fields on the contact object in SFDC and that your integration user has visibility/access to those fields. They will then appear in Marketo in the "SFDC Custom Fields" section.