Update landing page title on LinkedIn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update landing page title on LinkedIn

I can't seem to figure out how to change the title on my landing page so that when I share via LinkedIn I don't get a copyright message (by sharing the URL or by using the social sharing button). I checked the meta tags and everything seems ok. Any ideas on how to fix this? 

0EM50000000Q9kp.jpg
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Update landing page title on LinkedIn

Are you using a token in the meta tag?

What other base code do you have in the header? Use view source on that active page and then look for <TITLE> and anything near that. Perhaps there is a script causing this to render improperly.

Does that copyright notice appear in the Title or Tab bar on your browser?
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

I have checked on my side and what appears on LinkedIn is what is written in our metadata (but we don't have custom html head)

0EM50000000Q9s0.jpg

0EM50000000Q9s5.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cecile,

do you know how to edit the Description, as it seems that LinkedIn keeps my old description ( I cleaned up my cache).
And my metatags look fine.

Thanks for your help:)

Merci
0EM50000000RqKs.jpg

Alix0EM50000000RqKn.jpg
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Alix,

on top of my head, if you have previously approved your landing page with an old title + description and then change text, one of the 2 (title or description) won't be updated on your screen even if you clear your cache. BUT if you try on another browser or another PC (or in a couple of days on same browser) it should work. Don't ask me why. So I suggest you ask one of your colleagues to test and if it works for them, it works for everybody.

Cécile
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cecile,

i actually tried with several colleagues but Linkedn seems to keep in memory the old content. I created a case. Will see.

Thank you for your quick response!

Alix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Experiencing this issue right now so would love to be notified if someone has an answer to it
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

a quick (but not elegant) way to solve this might be to change the URL of the LP; any small change will do, eg. substituting the "-" with "_".

I found out this by chance while experiencing the same issue, but I created a support case nonetheless.

Francesco