Unsubscribed Leads in Engagement Streams

Allie_van_Aken
Level 1

Unsubscribed Leads in Engagement Streams

What happens to leads that are unsubscribed who enter the engagement stream? Do they exhaust content and are they included in each cast? Or do they stay at the beginning until they opt in?

4 REPLIES 4
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Re: Unsubscribed Leads in Engagement Streams

I think the leads continue to be in the casts but they do not get the emails as they have unsubscribed from the email. You can create an empty stream and name it as " Bad Data" and you can start adding such leads (unsubscribed, hardbounces, invalid) to that stream as they remain the reporting also.

or you can have a pause trigger campaign under the Nurture campaign to check the people who have bounced and unsubscribed.

Allie_van_Aken
Level 1

Thank you Ankit!

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

We have campaign logic for Engagement Programs as follows regarding unsubscribed, black listed, etc that keeps them out of our Engagement Programs:

1) Add to Nurture campaign excludes anyone who is unsubscribed, blacklisted, had email invalid, etc. (i.e., Marketable Segment is False).

2) Add to Nurture triggers again if they become Marketable and adds them

3) Pause campaign changes cadence to paused if Marketable becomes false

3) Unpause campaign changes cadence to normal if Marketable changes from False to True

Denise

Allie_van_Aken
Level 1

Thanks Denise, I've added a change engagement program stream cadence filter to mine to pause when the user is opted out and resume to normal if he/she opts back in. Thanks!