SOLVED

Unsubscribe on dashboard vs. cliks on the "unsubscribe" link

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubscribe on dashboard vs. cliks on the "unsubscribe" link

Hi everyone,

I was looking at my unsubscribe stats earlier and I realized something I cannot quite explain : I've been sending a few emails recently, and I noticed that the numbers on the results dashboard for "unsubscribe" don't match the number of people that clicked on the unsubscribe link.

So my question is : what does the dashboard take into account for the "unsubscribe" ?

Thanks
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Unsubscribe on dashboard vs. cliks on the "unsubscribe" link

@Juliette Yes, someone using the X-List-Unsubscribe functionality (presented as a button in Gmail, for instance) won't log a click on the page because all the communications happen over e-mail.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Juliette, do you use the Marketo unsubscribe page, or do you have your own email preferences center? The unsubscribe column is just based on the native unsubscribe page -- so if you use an external preference center you'll want to use a separate smart campaign or smart list to track unsubscribes from a campaign. These reports can't be updated to reflect your custom subscription center either, unfortunately.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory !

Those discrepancies I understand, however I sometimes find that there are more "unsubscribes" on the dashboard than there are clicks on the unsubscribe link - So maybe I was thinking that it could be from the recipient making it a spam directly in their email client, what do you think ?
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Juliette Yes, someone using the X-List-Unsubscribe functionality (presented as a button in Gmail, for instance) won't log a click on the page because all the communications happen over e-mail.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sanford, that's what I thought but I wasn't 100% sure.