SOLVED

Re: Unique User ID on Google Analytics: Can We Synchronize with Marketo ID or Munchkins?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unique User ID on Google Analytics: Can We Synchronize with Marketo ID or Munchkins?

Sure Scott,

the cheat sheet provides details for the following points:

• High-level Use Cases
  • Track Marketo Form Submission in Google Analytics
    • add GA tracking code on onSuccess() of the form
  • End-to-End Lead Tracking
    • create a hidden filed in your Marketo form
    • create a GA custom dimension
    • add the GA client id (part of the GA cookie) to the newly created hidden form field
    • create a webhook so whenever a lead is received, you call back GA using the measurement protocol and use the given client id
  • Marketo leads via REST API: use a similar concept for leads generated using the REST API
  • Extend the concept to Marketo Lead workflows: once you have the GA client id, you can send other important lead status changes to GA

Btw, the reason the cheat sheet is gated is simply because I offered Marketo to publish it directly on this site and they didn't. I then asked if I could use a Marketo form but never got it - as I can't afford Marketo on my own, I ended up relying on another alternative... that wasn't my first option.

A lot of work went into developing & testing this solution, and it's important for me to get feedback about it to see if it can be further improved - thus the email. If someone wants it without going through the form request, they can simply email shamel@immeria.net and I will send it directly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update!

I value sharing knowledge and getting feedback, so for those who would rather not fill out the short form to get the cheat sheet, here it is!

It's *free*, as in no cost, no strings attached, not even an email!

But please, if you find it useful, if it helps you, if you see any errors or things that could be improved - please let me know!

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2936eff1d920112158827c144/files/MarketoGACheatSheet_SHamel_150824.pdf

Enjoy!

Stéphane

Stéphane Hamel, MBA - "data is the raw material of my craft"

Digital Analytics Thought Leader – immeria.net, digitalanalyticsmaturity.org & gaAddons.com

LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/shamel

G+: google.com/+StephaneHamel-immeria

Twitter: @SHamel67

Upcoming speaking appearances.

Your digital analytics are going nowhere? I've been studying digital analytics maturity concepts for years. Use the Digital Analytics Maturity Self-Assessment Tool (DAMSAT) to uncover your digital analytics practice strengths and weaknesses.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the back n forth.

Can I (or you can) just add this to the site.

? Please feel free (or I can) to ask for feedback, suggestions, etc.

If you do:

- Click on the pencil at the top of the page

- Pick Upload File (let me know if you don't see this)

- Upload, add a few comments and make sure to put it in the

Marketing Central area.

Arvin_Poole
Level 3

Stephane,

Thanks for sharing this. I know this post is old so not sure if there is an update to your cheat sheet. I am getting ready to try this out in our test GA and Marketo environment. I would like to provide feedback and any further insight if you can point me to the right place to provide my feedback.

Thanks,

Arvin Poole

Digital Acquisition Manager

Life Line Screening