Re: Unique LP and External web page visits

Sarin
Level 3

Unique LP and External web page visits

We are trying to pull out the unique web page visits for a landing page for the last 90 days (as per my understanding the page visit activity are only retained for 90 days so we cant get the data prior to that anyways) but I'm unable to get that from the landing pages or the lp performance report, both are showing the total views and not unique views.. Also we have a Marketo form on the external webpage(with Munchkin ID) so would like to get the uniques visits for that page too so I created a webpage activity report for the same just confirming to get the total visits we need to select each source (known as well as Anonymous visitors (including and not including ISPs) and then add the total count from all three activity source in the set up? And this will be unique we page visits I guess?

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

"Unique web page visits" is a bit ambiguous.

To be precise, do you mean "The number of known visitors who viewed the page at least one time"?

Sarin
Level 3

@SanfordWhiteman : Exactly, number of unique visitors..

SanfordWhiteman

Exactly, number of unique visitors..

Then you want a Smart List with the filter Visited Web Page — take the count of the people in the result.

Sarin
Level 3

HI @SanfordWhiteman  Sorry I mean unique visits including anonymous ones not just leads..

SanfordWhiteman

Sorry I mean unique visits including anonymous ones not just leads..

That won't be possible as anonymous web activities aren't reportable in the same way.

Also though — "uniqueness" with anonymous activities is ultimately unknowable. 4 different anonymous sessions can be linked (in reality) to the same human behind the keyboard of 4 different devices.. Another set of 4 sessions can 4 different humans. You can only choose one assumption or the other, which can hugely skew your stats in one direction.

Sarin
Level 3

Thanks a lot @SanfordWhiteman . You are absolutely right!

But if we want to want to find out unique page views (sessions) for a landing page or webpage (external page with Munchkin code) from Marketo then it is not possible? we have to depend or GA or Adobe Analytics for the same?

SanfordWhiteman

Thanks a lot @SanfordWhiteman . You are absolutely right!

But if we want to want to find out unique page views (sessions) for a landing page or webpage (external page with Munchkin code) from Marketo then it is not possible? we have to depend or GA or Adobe Analytics for the same?

Yes, this would be a job for a general-purpose analytics tool.