SOLVED

Unidirectional sync from Marketo to Salesforce

Go to solution
ThaísMacedo
Level 2

Unidirectional sync from Marketo to Salesforce

Hello, everyone!

I'm having an issue with the integration between Marketo and Salesforce. I won't give you here all the context because it's not relevant, but you should know I'm already talking with the support team from both companies.

But, while the issue is not solved, I need to send information from Marketo to Salesforce.

Basically, I have leads with fields filled out in Marketo, but because of the integration bug, the same fields are empty in Sfdc. When I try to force the sync, both end up empty. So, Sfdc is sending the null value to Marketo instead of the other way around.

Do you know if I can build a Smart Campaign to make this unidirectional sync? The flow step "sync to sfdc" doesn't work in this case. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Unidirectional sync from Marketo to Salesforce

Any Sync to SFDC flow step or synced Program ↔︎ Campaign is going to use the same field sync rules. So if you’re having a problem with the native SFDC sync setup, you can’t work around it by using native features.

What you could do is have a custom webhook-compatible service that writes directly into SFDC using the SFDC SOAP or REST API. We do that in some cases where we want to jump over Marketo restrictions to change Account info, add SFDC Custom Objects & such.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Unidirectional sync from Marketo to Salesforce

Any Sync to SFDC flow step or synced Program ↔︎ Campaign is going to use the same field sync rules. So if you’re having a problem with the native SFDC sync setup, you can’t work around it by using native features.

What you could do is have a custom webhook-compatible service that writes directly into SFDC using the SFDC SOAP or REST API. We do that in some cases where we want to jump over Marketo restrictions to change Account info, add SFDC Custom Objects & such.