Re: Unable to add WebEx account details through LaunchPoint

Ajay_Sarpal2
Level 2

Unable to add WebEx account details through LaunchPoint

Hi,

I want to add my WebEx account through LaunchPoint as a new service but somehow this is not working for me We use active directory login details for our WebEx account - can that create some issue? Please advise.

Best regards,

Ajay

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to try using a direct userid and password rather that your AD creds

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Ajay, were you able to integrate webex with active directory login? We are moving our webex to an active directory login and I was not able to integrate it with marketo? Can someone provide any insights here?

Ajay_Sarpal2
Level 2

Hi, Lalitha

We were unable to integrate WebEx with active directory login through Marketo. This is a known limitation of Marketo.

Best regards,

Ajay

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

Hello Ajay,

we were able to resolve this issue at one of our client as follows:

1. In order to integrate WebEx with Marketo, you need username and password that is not managed by active directory (AD)

2. If AD login is set up, only admin users can have a non-AD user name and password

3. Admin rights can be given in Read-Only mode

Therefore: For each user that needs to set up a WebEx Event Center, give them Read-Only Admin rights and set them up with a non-AD username and password. Once we figured out the solution, it took the WebEx admin just 10 minutes to get it done.

I hope it helps.

Ajay_Sarpal2
Level 2

Thank you, Pavel!

Mike_Mastropaol
Level 3

Hi, Can you please tell me if the user and password not managed by active directory you're referring to the WebEx user or Marketo user? 

1. In order to integrate WebEx with Marketo, you need username and password that is not managed by active directory (AD)

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

WebEx

Mike_Mastropaol
Level 3

Thank you! 

Definitive_Res2
Level 1

Hello Pavel Plachky‌ and to all-

do you happen to know if this works for bypassing SSO sign in as well?

I am working with a client who would like to integrate but they use SSO for signing into their Webex account. The IT administrator found that he can give access to an external user, BUT they have to have a webex account so my external email address cannot be given access since I don't have a Webex account.... 

I'm thinking my client has to create an external email address, not associated with their domain that links to SSO, but rather a personal address, so the IT administrator can give that email admin access.

Anyone used this workaround before to get the integration going? Is there another way??

Thanks for any insights you can provide.