Tutorials on responsive grids with marketo landing pages?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tutorials on responsive grids with marketo landing pages?

Does anyone have some good links to tutorials on using responsive grids with Marketo landing pages and HTML markup? I am looking at using twitter bootstrap 3 with some test landing pages... and trying to work out a implementation strategy...

I am wondering if there is a way ot detect if the page is loaded into the design studio verse loading on the prospects browser...  If this is the case I could write a script that loads one set of scripts for the desing studio, and then the repsonsive grid for the prospects browser...  hmmm...

Steve

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tutorials on responsive grids with marketo landing pages?

Previwing what is going to be displayed in multiple combinations of operating systems and browsers is a way off general-purpose editors such as TinyMCE, the engine behind most web applications.

Writing the script you have in mind requires vast amounts of planning, coding and testing, no matter the underlying editor or authoring tools you are using or planning to use. It is an exciting project that could benefit from the open source community.

Services such as IBM Deliverability Tools and Litmus are the most suitable options to accurately preview how the source is going to be rendered across multiple platforms.

I have been adopting and writing responsive content for a while, relying TinyMCE engine embedded on Wordpress, Drupal and Marketo. My suggestion is really offloading non-core tasks to dedicated and proven tools, freeing your concentration to write good responsive content. Ethan Marcotte published the best references available:  Responsive Web Design, available in paper and a number of electronic formats, makimg justice to its concepts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Steve--most of the information I've ready about responsive landing pages and Marketo suggests that it would be very difficult to ever get an accurate representation of the final product in the landing page editor--namely because it won't call CSS or JS. They are only called in the final approved page.

Edward Unthank's blog has some of the best articles I've seen about methods for creating responsive landing page templates in Marketo. Here's a few articles that might be relevant for what you're working on:

http://edwardunthank.com/blog/how-to-make-responsive-landing-pages-in-marketo/
http://edwardunthank.com/blog/how-we-made-a-responsive-marketo-landing-page/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies...   

I did read about the double div div technique which sounds like the best solution for responsive landing pages...  But I was concerned about moving foward... becuase marketing employees will need to access the content on the pages... At about 12-1 AM last night I decided to scale back my code and functionality to XHTML transitional for this particular landing page so I can meet the deadline...   

I will keep experimenting with other landing pages...  Hopefully they will remove the dependency on absolute postioning in future versions...

Steve