Turning off program

mpayo
Level 1

Turning off program

I have a program with 24 streams. I need to deactivate 5 streams and add 2 more streams with new emails. All other streams will stay the same. However, I learned there's only a 25 limit. I don't want to delete the streams in order to keep the history. So I cloned the program, deleted the 5 streams and added the two new streams. 

My question is when I turn off the original program, how do I make sure that everyone who's currently in the program completes all the streams and no longer qualifies for the cloned program?

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Turning off program

My question is when I turn off the original program, how do I make sure that everyone who's currently in the program completes all the streams and no longer qualifies for the cloned program?

When you turn an engagement program off, it will not send out any emails, and hence, you must turn it off only after everyone in it (i.e., your original engagement program in this case) has received all the intended content (most likely this means that they have exhausted content from their respective streams). In your Add to Engagement Program criteria for the new engagement program, you can add a filter suppressing people who are members of your original program so they don't move over to the new engagement program. Also, unless and until you move/add people (manually/automated campaign setup) present in the old engagement program to the new engagement program they'll stay there and continue receiving the content from it as per the set stream cadence (of course, their cadence needs to be Normal too). I'd also advise deactivating any campaign setup that adds new people to your original program so new people get added only to your cloned engagement program. Lastly, I'd also recommend creating a monitoring smart list to keep a check on whether the people in the old engagement program got added to the new engagement program. I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have questions.