SOLVED

Trying to use Marketo <meta> variables (mktomodulescope) hidden from the editor.

Go to solution
mjc1895
Level 1

Trying to use Marketo <meta> variables (mktomodulescope) hidden from the editor.

I'm trying to use the Marketo variables to stylise the email template, without relying on css classes. The problem is that defining these variables and using them to dictate things like border widths, border radius' means they are editable as local or global variables in the Marketo email editor. The mktomodulescope attribute is boolean and only supports 'true' or 'false'. Does anyone know how I can keep the variables working in the background, but not include them as local or global variables?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Trying to use Marketo <meta> variables (mktomodule) hidden from the editor.

To create the equivalent of template-level variables — variables that aren't user-editable in the Email Editor — you can use Text {{my.tokens}}, or at an advanced level, Velocity ("Email Script") {{my.tokens}}.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

To create the equivalent of template-level variables — variables that aren't user-editable in the Email Editor — you can use Text {{my.tokens}}, or at an advanced level, Velocity ("Email Script") {{my.tokens}}.

mjc1895
Level 1

Thanks @SanfordWhiteman. I guess the meta variables were always designed to be used in the editor. I'll try using tokens as suggested.