Trying to trigger on ACCOUNT becoming CUSTOMER across ALL contacts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to trigger on ACCOUNT becoming CUSTOMER across ALL contacts?

In the event that an ACCOUNT in SFDC turns into type CUSTOMER, I would love to be able to change all contacts in that account to a CUSTOMER stage in my revenue model. I am not sure how to do this? I know we can trigger on opportunity and even conversion from lead to contact of a customer account, but not sure what to do in this case.

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Trying to trigger on ACCOUNT becoming CUSTOMER across ALL contacts?

Naor,

You can trigger off of account changes using the trigger "Data Value Changes". You might use something like "Account Status" and the "New Value" would be "Customer". Then all contacts for that account will qualify for the smart campaign and the flow steps.

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Probably a good idea to test this carefully - a lot of people have been having issues with Data Value Changes triggers not working on SFDC Account object (see: SFDC Account Fields Do Not Always Create Change Data Value Logs in Activity Log!! ). The thread is a little old now but I know a few people still experiencing this issue, so I don't think it's been resolved as of yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yikes. Guess we'll have to copy over the value we're looking for specifically to the contact record.