SOLVED

Re: Troubleshooting Data Sync Issues Between Marketo and Facebook

Go to solution
Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

Troubleshooting Data Sync Issues Between Marketo and Facebook

We have successfully integrated Facebook with Marketo; however, data is not flowing between the platforms as expected. Marketo support claims this is a Facebook issue, while Facebook support has been unhelpful. Interestingly, when using Zapier to establish the connection, data flows accurately. I am uncertain why the sync between Marketo and Facebook is not functioning properly.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_Kumar

I identified the reason — the issue was with CRM sync permissions. Marketo lacked the necessary permissions to retrieve leads from Facebook. After rectifying this, leads are now flowing smoothly from Facebook to Marketo. However, I've encountered another issue: certain fields like Job Title and Company Size have picklist values. Facebook is automatically converting spaces to underscores (_) at the backend before syncing the details to Marketo, which distorts the data format. Currently, my plan is to set up data standardization campaigns in Marketo to rectify this issue. Do you have any additional recommendations or insights on how to manage this challenge effectively?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Could you elaborate and provide more details as in what data isn’t flowing and how it isn’t as per your expectations so we can answer to the point? Also, in the last line you mentioned about the sync b/w Marketo and Salesforce, did you mean Marketo and Facebook instead?

Vinay_Kumar

Yes, you're correct. I mistakenly included Salesforce instead of Facebook in the initial question.

Regarding the issue at hand: data is not flowing from Facebook to Marketo. When someone fills out a lead generation form on Facebook, that lead is not being created in Marketo.

Darshil_Shah1

Regarding the issue at hand: data is not flowing from Facebook to Marketo. When someone fills out a lead generation form on Facebook, that lead is not being created in Marketo.

Can you verify if the integration service in the Launchpoint is correctly configured, and, more importantly, is active without any errors? Additionally, to be 100% sure, I'd also check if the lead gen form is created in the same account that's integrated with Marketo.

Vinay_Kumar

Yes, the configuration in Launch Point is accurate, and I've even reauthorized the account. Yes, same account is being used for the form creation as well. 

Darshil_Shah1

Well, if you don't see any issues in the Launchpoint and everything seems correctly set up as per the documentation but isn't working, you should create a support ticket with the Marketo team. The integraiton is pretty straight forward to setup, and once setup it works w/o any hiccups.

xarmengol
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I´m facing the same issue here. It works well with Zapier but I can´t see the leads nor any ads in Marketo.

- The linked account has full permissions

- Marketo appears to be connected

- Ad Bridge Prod is listed under connected CRMs

I have opened an Adobe ticket as Darshil has suggested, although it would be good to understand if this is a general/wider issue and get as much details as possible.

Much appreciated,

Xavi 

Vinay_Kumar

Is Marketo being reflected as a connected CRM in Facebook?

Darshil_Shah1

Did you hear back from Adobe regarding this since last week? Curious to know the reason behind this sudden increase in the issues related to the Marketo and Facebook sync. We have a sync in place too, and it’s working well. 

Vinay_Kumar

I identified the reason — the issue was with CRM sync permissions. Marketo lacked the necessary permissions to retrieve leads from Facebook. After rectifying this, leads are now flowing smoothly from Facebook to Marketo. However, I've encountered another issue: certain fields like Job Title and Company Size have picklist values. Facebook is automatically converting spaces to underscores (_) at the backend before syncing the details to Marketo, which distorts the data format. Currently, my plan is to set up data standardization campaigns in Marketo to rectify this issue. Do you have any additional recommendations or insights on how to manage this challenge effectively?